Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 21

I just got off work about a half hour or so ago and I'm tired and my back is sore. Tonight I did only three poses after I got off work. I did some poses that I learned and practiced in my aerobics class last semester. I did the cobra stretch, a plank, and the downward-facing dog. I really like doing these poses in particular, they are simple, but you can feel them working. In the cobra stretch, which I did for about 30 seconds, you lay on the floor on your belly, bring your hands under your shoulders, and raise up. The cobra stretch really stretches out your abs, you can feel the front of your stomach tighten, from the bottom below your belly button to your ribcage. Planks however, while simple and easy, are not my favorite. I'm not a fan of the plank because it hurts my back to hold myself in that position. The downward-facing dog is one of my favorites because it does not make my back hurt but, rather relieves tension in my back. I also like how you can feel your calves stretching in the downward-facing dog. This set of three poses may become my new after-work routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment