I've missed days 4-13, even though I'd planned on continuing with my immersion and blogging during spring break.
Today is day 15, the halfway point in my immersion project. Since my schedule is pretty full on Mondays with class and work I only got a few poses in this afternoon. Today I have done the Bharadvaja's Twist, Cow Face Pose, Fire Log Pose, Half Lord of the Fishes Pose, and the Hero Pose, all seated poses. These are all that I could manage to do in ten minutes. I have found that these seated poses and twists make my back sore during the pose, since I have scoliosis. But, I think that the soreness is due to my usual inactivity and I'm not used to stretching out my back, so these poses would actually be good to do on a daily basis to build strength and flexibility in my back.
I also have scoliosis; how do you think that doing these stretches has helped out your back? Have you done these stretches again since day 15?
ReplyDeleteSo far, I can tell that I'm stretching out the muscles in my back, because when I do these particular stretches I can feel them pull, which is what makes my back sore. On day 16 I continued seated poses, which still stretched some of the same muscles in my back as the poses I did on day 15. I want to say these are helping, but I won't be able to say for sure until I've done them more frequently to see if I can tell a difference.
ReplyDeleteI may even do some research into stretches for scoliosis, since I've been recommended by my doctor to do stretches anyway.